Who is Mindy?
My name is Mindy Fischer and I am running for Position 5 on the Germantown Municipal School Board. For the past ten years, I have been and continue to be an advocate for Germantown Schools. My children attend Germantown Municipal Schools. All of my immediate family lives in Germantown and my nephews are future GMSD students. My commitment to our Germantown Municipal Schools is long term and personal.
- Married to Terry Fischer for 24 years
- Two Children in GMSD schools - Matthew, a sophomore at Houston High School and Meg, an 8th grader at Houston Middle School. Our first son, Will became an organ donor at age two. Please see the good work done by the Mid-South Transplant Foundation.
- Germantown Resident for 18 years
- Born and raised in Memphis
- Graduate of Ridgeway High School
- BFA Interior Design, University of Memphis
- Founding President of the Germantown Municipal Council PTA
- Houston High School PTSA Vice President
- Germantown Middle School PTA - President and Secretary
- Germantown Elementary School PTA - President, Vice President Programing, Vice President Membership, Room Parent Chairman, Publicity Chairman
- Germantown Elementary School Playground Planning Committee Chairman
- Tennessee PTA Lifetime Achievement Award, Germantown Middle School
- Tennessee PTA Lifetime Achievement Award, Germantown Elementary School
- GMSD 5K Stampede Red Ribbon Sponsor
- Enrolled in the Germantown Education Foundation “Fill the Fountain”
- Member of the Dogwood PTA, Farmington PTA, Riverdale PTSA, Houston Middle PTA and Houston High PTSA
- GMSD Kick off party Co-Chairman
- Germantown Vision 2030 Education Taskforce Member
- Graduate of Leadership Germantown, Class of 2014
- Currently Chairman of the Germantown Education Commission
- Germantown Education Commission, member since 2011
- Active Member of Germantown United Methodist Church since 2007
- Member of the Tennessee Legislative Task Force on Organ Donation, 2005
- Mid-South Transplant Foundation Advisory Board Member, Donor Family Representative since 2006
- West Tennessee Donor Family Liaison to the National Kidney Foundation, 2001-2007
- Volunteer with the National Kidney Foundation of West Tennessee, since 2000
- Race for The Cure, Sponsor Expo Chairman 1993-1995
- 2015 Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow
- 2014 Jim Roberts Community Leadership Award, Leadership Germantown
- 2007 Gift of Life Award, National Kidney Foundation of West Tennessee
- 2005 Zeta Tau Alpha Outstanding Tennessee Alumna
Get Involved, Join Vote Mindy!
Please donate today!